Two-factor authentication requires you to know both your email and password, as well as provide a verification code from a second device, usually a mobile phone.
Circle requires two-factor authentication when signing in, transacting and making changes to your account, so even if your password is compromised there are reinforcements to help keep your account safe.
When you sign up, single-use SMS codes sent to your registered phone number will be used for two-factor authentication. We recommend that you upgrade your two-factor to use Google Authenticator or Authy.
Setting up Google Authenticator / Authy
- Download the Google Authenticator or Authy app to your iOS/Android device
- Navigate to Settings in your USDC Account
- Under the Two-factor Authentication section, you can select Google Authenticator as opposed to Text Message
- Enter the verification code received by SMS, then scan the QR code with your authenticator app to sync your app to your Circle account
- Enter the new code from your authenticator app and click Done
If you lose access to your 2FA device
If you lose access to your registered 2FA device, please contact support. We will get in touch with next steps.